Hello everyone,
It is about 7 degrees outside. We have had a wonderful week. That does not mean we are getting comfortable in our responsibilities. It is always a stretch.
Last week we acted out Heber C. Kimball’s life. Baldur was a good sport and allowed me to dress him in nylon stocking for baldhead and applied fake hair. Bow tie and vest with a top hat as I told Heber’s experiences. We did it three times for the Seminary kids and the Young adults. Baldur bore his testimony at the end as though he was Heber and it was a powerfully spiritual experience to witness for someone else and about the Prophet Joseph Smith. He was touched to the core 3 times and so was all. His life has much to teach by example. We then asked what truths were taught in the account. We got some good discussion. The youth enjoyed it I think, and I hope they learned a little.
Today we spoke in church again. I got a chance to tell parents that it doesn’t matter if the teacher is fantastic it only matters if they go. And not going has eternal consequences. It seems we are prepping a talk all the time. We spend a lot of time just listening to the Young adults. That age is just needy for someone to listen. Of course, we do a lot of feeding them and they like that.
It is a challenge for seminary in these outlying districts; to prepare and teach even for one or two attending. We try to help them be successful.
Baldur is stressed because he feels like sleeping all the time. He thinks his body is trying to hibernate. When you come in from the cold and it is nice and warm it is hard to not want to rest.
There is nothing but fishing talk at church. The industry is so big almost all are some how connected with it and Love it! Therefore Baldur is in his glory. I found a little quilt store so I am not without joy. No time to do those things for me. We are quite busy.
We like to help and support the Young missionaries. They just need a lot of love. Their Mom’s and Dad’s are home and they are out here. The members are pretty good about feeding them and supporting them but they always want to come to lunch. (So far I never have anything. I haven’t shopped much yet so we take them out)
I have told some of you about the eagles in our area. We were driving out the driveway and looked at a tree and saw about 25 eagles in a tree. We went down the street (it is the way to the dump) and we had them flying over our car about 10 feet up and when a truck came to dump they swarmed the area for food. It was amazing. We probably saw 50 eagles at that time. We see one, two or four all the time. Always there are some flying over head. That was a fun experience.
We are doing fine. We love the opportunity to be of service to the Youth. We want them to stay away for all the bad influences so it takes consistent love and opportunities to play, mixed with attention to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We love you all and love serving the Lord. The spirit is our guiding influence and we are grateful for that blessing.
Omi and Grandpa, Mom and Dad